[3830] ARRL 160 W0AIH M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W0AIH M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 21:49:51 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): WOAIH, W0BV, K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: M/S HP
QTH: WI

Total:  QSOs = 1434  Sections = 79  Countries = 26  Total Score = 312,795

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

It was a record number of QSO's for us in this one.  1325 last year and another
109 this year.  Lots of dupes (79).  It did not help to see us be spotted as
W0AIS.  That sure opened the floodgates.  But at least that only happened on
the last day when things were slow.  But you wonder how many new ones may have
tuned by.  Sometimes to test dupe callers to see if they are really calling me
by asking for a repeat.  Ya never know if there is someone you cannot hear on
your freq.

There was a pretty good snowstorm Saturday evening making a lot of noise on the
beverages, vertical and loop antennas.  The noise was there until about 0300Z
when the wind died down a bit.  To bad as we were spotted by LA6YEA and F1AKK
around 0000Z.  Just no way to hear them thru the noise.  It is nice to have a
wide selection of antennas in conditions like that.  We are fortunate there.

Sections Missed:  MB

DX Worked: 9A, EA6, EI, F, GM, I, OE, OM, ON, SP, UR, JA, UA9, E5/s, C6, CM,
HI, HR, J3, VP2M, XE, ZF, HC, P4, PJ2, YU

Thanks to Paul for a fun weekend!

73, John  K0TG