[3830] ARRL 160 W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nb1b@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 07:12:53 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EMA

Total:  QSOs = 1356  Sections = 77  Countries = 49  Total Score = 412,776

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This score would have been #2 in US/VE last year; will it even make the Top Ten
this year?

Last 3 sections worked:  WTx, NNY, and Ak.
3 sections not worked:  Wy, Mb, and NWT.
188 5-point QSOs, mostly Europe.

Saturday had some of the quietest 160M conditions I've ever heard.  Weak
signals popped out of the noise, and were easy copy.  Sunday, however, had the
normal static crashes as the storm front approached us from the west.  Copying
signals through the static crashes on Sunday was possible, but only with a lot
of fills.

Overall, a very enjoyable contest.  The Live-Scoreboard kept me from taking a
nap Sunday morning; I was neck-and-neck with AA1K; he started about 5K ahead of
me, I caught him and was as much as 10K ahead of him, but then he rebounded with
a couple of mults and we were neck-and-neck again.  I'm pretty sure Jon will
catch me, as his propagation seemed to last later into the morning then mine
did.  In any case, we're probably close enough in score that it'll be up to the
Log Checkers anyway!

Thanks for the Q's, and to Greg W1KM for the use of his great station.

Dennis W1UE