[3830] CQWW CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 15:47:04 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 44.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:  576    14       61
   80:  837    18       80
   40: 1174    29      107
   20: 1598    23       93
   15:  429    24       85
   10:   25     9        9
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

My major problem continues to be finding multipliers. I'm tuning the 2nd radio
at least 80% of the time, but I just miss easy ones (no zone 1 or JA) and many
of the DXpeditions. How a DXpedition can make 5000+ QSOs and how I can miss
them entirely when constantly tuning the 2nd radio for mults is beyond my
understanding.

No visits from Murphy this time, although both of my 20m rotators are broken
and I had to get one of my climbers out Friday morning to set the top yagi to
EU and the middle to JA (although that turned out to be a waste as I never even
heard a JA on ANY band.) I also forgot to take down a feedline for my RX 4
Square that goes across the road before I left after CQWW SSB and a truck took
it out, so no RX antenna for this one. But for the most part 160/80m were so
quiet I don't think I missed much. Only used a dipole on 160m.

Overall, just when I thought things would slow down and get boring, I was able
to find something to keep me busy. I was in the chair the 1st 29 hours
straight, took a 20 minute break and was back for another 3 hours before taking
2 3/4 hours off, of which I slept about 90 minutes. I took two brief 10 - 15
minutes breaks on Sunday, and felt great the last few hours.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT