[3830] NAQP CW K9MMS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9MMS@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K9MMS Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 12:38:53 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K9MMS
Operator(s): K9MMS
Station: K9MMS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 9.9

  160:   45    22
   80:  140    32
   40:  162    38
   20:  156    40
   15:   22     8
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  525   140  Total Score = 73,500

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC #1

Comments:

Poor conditions -- I'm sure that's eveyone's major complaint.  My TS-940S A/T is
out for repair, and my new Elecraft K3 is not due to ship until sometime next
month.  Had to go back to the old TS-430S for back-up.  Sure could have used a
better receiver -- lots of noise and weak signals, no variable BW tuning, very
little pitch control, etc.  Sorry for asking for so many repeats.

Fifty-nine percent of QSOs via CQs.  Only worked 41 states -- never heard the
other 9 (including KH6 and KL7).  Worked VE1,2,3,4,6, and 7 plus VY2 -- never
heard the others.  Never heard any Caribbean stations.  Only DX was XE2MX
(Loco's almost always around) and VP9I.

Thanks for the QSOs.  NAQP is still one of my favorite contests -- does not
take up the whole weekend and lots of activity.

73,
   Gary