[3830] NAQP RTTY N3CHX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3chx@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N3CHX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:07:46 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: N3CHX
Operator(s): N3CHX
Station: N3CHX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Royersford, PA
Operating Time (hrs): 6.7

   80:    0     0
   40:   37    23
   20:  102    39
   15:   36    19
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  177    83  Total Score = 14,691

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Operated using ICOM IC-746 @ 100 Watts to either Inverted Vee or Sloper Dipole.
10 Meters open ~ 250 miles for a short time.  80 meter reception was poor so
did not operate on 80.  Heard no RTTY on 160 Meters at all! Because of back
problems could not sit for long periods so had to take four 45 to 55 minute
breaks to rest and finally crashed at 03:49 on Sunday morning, but did have a
good time overall.  Need to elevate my Inverted Vee antenna apex since the
original 150 foot tree came down and it is only at about 30 foot at the apex at
present! After 22 months of  contesting i'm starting to get the hang of it!
Thanks to the excellent articles in the National Contest Journal I've learned a
lot of Tips Tricks and Techniques from Gary W9XT and Don AA5AU.  So even at 65
i'm really starting to dig contesting!  73's from N3CHX