[3830] NCCC Sprint N9NB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wireless@mail.utexas.edu
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N9NB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:45:36 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jun 15

Call: N9NB
Operator(s): N9NB
Station: N9NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: va
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   0      0
   80:   2      2
   40:  10      7
   20:  26     13
-------------------
Total:  38     22  Total Score = 836

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

After a quick QSO with K4BAI on 20m, I somehow lost concentration and was
"Q-less" for 3 minutes......but then, I fought off the instant disappointment,
got back in the rhythm, and felt good about the rest of the contest. No major
snafus on TR, and getting more comfortable each week.

The G5RV worked better this week, with no signs of RF in the shack! Now I need
to get this thing higher than 25' to have a stronger signal. The delta loop has
proven to be less effective in virtually all situations against the G5RV, so its
going to be coming down, with perhaps a long wire replacement. Was nice to see
Tom, N9NC, get on from IN with a makeshift G5RV antenna of his own this week.

W0YK was very loud on 20m, and N3BB very loud on 40m. It was great to have some
new mults on with N8NA (DE) and K0XP/m (VT). It's tough copying on 40/80m with
QRN, and it would help for ops to slow their speeds to 35wpm or below on stormy
nights at lower frequencies. Great fun as always, and some nice participation in
the Slow Sprint warm up, as well.  Maybe next week I can get my first 160m qso
from VA.

73- Ted