[3830] 7QP K6VVA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dx35@c17-ss-2-lb.cnet.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP K6VVA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 12:29:56 -0700
                    7th Area QSO Party

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

  160:    3
   80:   31     18
--------------------
Total:   81     18  Mults = 45  Total Score = 12,555

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The best laid plans of mice, men & Locusts...

Plan A was to operate as K6VVA/7 in WAADA.

Plan B was to operate as K6VVA/7 in NVPER.

Plan C was to attend a friend's going away to KH6) mid-day BBQ party on
Saturday (he is a friend of KH6LC & moving to the neighborhood there).

Plan D (The Flex Plan) - completely unplanned - turned out to be having Mexican
food & a cold beer at an outside table looking at the beach & ocean where it was
crystal clear blue sky above and about 75 degrees (F).

The directions to my friend's BBQ Party at some remote picnic area didn't plan
out.  By the time I drove the backroads on the other side of the mountains
between here and the beach, I ultimately ended up at the HWY 1 freeway less
than a mile from the beach/ocean.  Gravity (and 2PM+ hunger)pulled me toward
one of my favorite places... the Pixie Deli at Rio Del Mar where the beach
where the sign reads: No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem.

Of course, when I got to cell phone working territory, I left a message on my
friend's home voice-mail indicating that I had tried to find the party (the two
bottles of wine I was taking are now in my kitchen :-)

By the time I got eventually back home with extra BBQ Chicken Mesquite
Burritos, Greek Salad & a twice baked potatoe from the Pixie Deli, it was chow
time again.  This overindulgence necessiated a longgggg nap.

I ended up operating 7QP for 3 hours in the evening, and found my 80/40m NVIS
antennas worked very well for the short skip to 7 Land.

The new 7QP Plan for next year is to operate from a 3-County line venue in WA.
It will be interesting to see if *that* plan works out.

73 & Tnx for the 7QP Q's...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust