[3830] CQ160 CW PC5M Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pc5m@xs4all.nl
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW PC5M Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:54:23 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: PC5M
Operator(s): PC5M PA3AUC PA3CQE
Station: PC5M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Netersel

Total:  QSOs = 929  State/Prov = 38  Countries = 66  Total Score = 566,072

Club: BAD, Brabant Association for DX

Comments:

With the help of the support crew: pa3clh, pa3dsb, pa3bpl and our sys-op pe1itr
we managed to start on time. This is already a major achievement as we have to
build up the complete station from scratch (including the 100 feet
vertical-L...).

Besides a prooven beverage we did build up two k9ay loops, unfortunately of not
much use as we discovered an (obvious) electric malfunction AFTER the contest
was finished...

Also this year we did run an interactive website with live audio/video/log/etc
(160.pc5m.com). Thanks all listeners and WA4PXP, VE9DX, AA4V, RZ4FA, PE2JMR,
ZY7C, PA7LV, ND2T,W0UCE, I2WIJ,S57UN,DK3DM,K1PR, K2KW, PT7CG, WV1K, PU1ARE,
PP5BI, PY5CC, PR7AR, PY1NB, VE2PEP, N0SMX, CT1BOH, F5LTT, DJ1AA, SM0NZY,
VK6ABL, S52ZW, PA0CLN, KE9I, PA5MW, W7EW, W1CTN, K8IA, VO1HP, GM4FAM, IK4GME,
K2KW/8, K8SM, W0UCE, OK1RP for their help and encouragment !

Biggest thrill was ve9dx, after a very solid qso we found out that he only used
30W and a short vertical (we still think it was 30KW...)

Station:
TRX: FT1000MP + PA with GU43 tube = good power...
TX ant: Dipole and 100feet L-vertical
RX ant: Beverage and 2*k9ay loop

See you next year !