[3830] CQ160 CW VO1HP Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fdavis@nfld.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VO1HP Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 16:29:55 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: St.John's

Total:  QSOs = 338  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 54  Total Score = 246,582

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Weather this weekend was challenging....high winds gusting to 100 kmph.  Tower
cranked partially down meant that the bottom of the Inv L was lying on the snow
.!!  Condx Sat nite much better then Friday.   Best DX : ST2A for new one #128
for DXCC.  Otherwise pretty routine.
The limit for my 160M contest result is usually around 300 - 350 Q's ...as a
function of the antenna and location.  No room for beverages but maybe could
hear more on EWE versus the old coax loop that I've had outside for about 5
years.  Maybe will try an EWE to north east next season see if there is any
difference.
Have a persistent S7 carrier zero beat on 1820.5 khz.  Its been there for
severals years. 1820.5 just happens to be almost exactly 4 x 455khz .... wonder
if its coming from somewhere in the house...still checking?!

Log on LoTW and eQSL.