[3830] NAQP CW WA2MNO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob.lafont@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WA2MNO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:01:31 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: WA2MNO
Operator(s): WA2MNO
Station: WA2MNO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 9:16

  160:   51    23
   80:  145    43
   40:   94    33
   20:  125    35
   15:   20     5
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  437   140  Total Score = 61,180

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Team: MWA #2

Comments:

I started out on 15M and it wasn't working so I dropped down to 20M and it
seemed fair but then it started to fade early, at least to me. By 4:30pm I
moved down to try 40M and then just kept trying 20, 40, 80 and 160M. All in
all, the bands from 20M on down were in pretty good shape when they were open.

Antennas used were an OCF dipole, vertical and inverted-L for 160M.

The highlight of the contest was when I was holding my one month old grandson
on my lap while running using the radio speaker instead of headphones (nout
loud of, course). Now, I know this is going to sound biased because he is my
grandson but he was really enjoying the sound of the code. He kept looking
around for what that mystifying sound was and where it was coming from. I think
we may have another CW operator in a few years and who says CW is dead.