[3830] NAQP CW VO1HE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vo1he@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW VO1HE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 06:09:59 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: VO1HE
Operator(s): VO1HE
Station: VO1HE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: The Rock

  160:    3     3
   80:   78    29
   40:   54    24
   20:   64    31
   15:    1     1
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  200    88  Total Score = 17,600

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

First time in the NAQP. I noticed from last year's list that there were no VOs
on for it so figured I'd give it a go. All S&P.

Started a bit late on 20M and the band was fairly active. It was really nice
hearing all signals at roughly the same signal strength. There might be
something to this power limitation. There were no signals splattering a wide
swath and there didn't seem to be any trouble making a contact within 2 or 3
calls.

I was really happy with the way my 40/80 dipole played. There weren't very many
that I heard that I couldn't work. Got a few new states on those bands too so
things were pretty good all around.

Not sure if I'll be in the SSB contest next weekend. I may play a bit on 20M
but my dipoles are not cut for the high parts of 40/80 and aren't that
efficient.

CU in the next one.

73 -- Paul VO1HE