[3830] RTTY Roundup NO2T Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, no2t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup NO2T Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 14:04:23 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: NO2T
Operator(s): NO2T
Station: NO2T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 19
Radios: SO2R

Total:  764  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 61  Total Score = 84,040

Club: East Coast DX Assn

Comments:

Used the SDR 100 for the most part. With the panadapter display did not miss the
cluster.  Only used the second radio (MK-V) for less than 1% of the contacts.
Getting spoiled with the performance of the SDR. Unfortunately had a bad back
and could not sit in the chair for long periods of time, so missed some of the
prime time operations. All in all was a fun contest, except for the many
stations who still do not know how to use the "AFC" controls in their software.
Many times when going from xmit to recv would see a signal 50 to 100 Hz off
freq. Thought for a while it might be me so stopped and checked that the SDR
was transmitting on the same freq as it was receiving. It was. Also some of the
stations were lower in freq and some were higher. This indicates that some were
tuning up the band and some down the band.  None the less this did not
interfere with the enjoyment of this (for me) the first contest of 2007. HNY
everybody. de Jerry NO2T