[3830] TBDC VE3CRU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE3CRU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 11:16:32 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Whitby Ontario

Total:  QSOs = 62  Total Score = 333

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My first Stew Perry, and a lot of fun too.  Started late, 0136z after completing
the RAC Winter and going out to eat.  Antenna was a limping 60' wire with 3
radials of 66' which blew over in the ARRL 160 and still less than 40'
 high now.  Rig was a 756 ProII.

Best ODX was Tree, N6TR at 3,450 km with N0FW/KP2 being second at 3170 km.
Both were a pleasant surprise and Tree was loud.  Did not hear any EU during
the 'test.  With power of stations worked unknown for most, it will be
interesting to see how many were qrp as I only know of KB8U worked who was
qrp.

The score shown is perhaps my wish, rather than reality.  It is difficult to
have a tailored high performing antenna on this 60 by 100 foot lot, and being a
full spectrum contester and Rover, 1.8 mhz to 24 ghz the primary bands used get
priority.  Beverages are perhaps a dream only.  I look forward to next year,
with antenna improvements and more hours operating.  Thanks to all participants
and the contest organizers too.

73,  Bill   VE3CRU