[3830] TBDC WD5R(N5ECT) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd5r@hughes.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC WD5R(N5ECT) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 08:01:53 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: WD5R
Operator(s): N5ECT
Station: WD5R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ar
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

Total:  QSOs = 501  Total Score = 1,668

It's always painful to know that we are being called by DX and we're not making
the contact. Be assured we are trying. Last night we kept one receiver
on a phased, terminated beverage, 850ft long, pointed toward Europe.
Our primary radio had access to a single beverage, 850ft long , in same
direction.

None of the usual early signals, but around our midnight we did start to
hear some signals from Europe.

We record. So if you are wondering what we are hearing when you are calling,
give us a time slot and we will try to get a 'wav file' out to you.

BTW, we run legal limit, not a watt over, into a 1/4 wave vertical on a hill
top. 60 1/4 wave radials.

Hey, Marlene is also getting fed up with my missing the dx signals.
(Eye sight is first thing to go, hearing is 2nd! )

She is importing a (hired gun) for the CQ160-cw.
I think the contract calls for soup and cornbread and a large piece of rum cake
served at the desk.

If all the signals were Q5 it wouldn't be any fun!
Doug, n5ect
2nd in command at wd5r