[3830] RAC Winter N5DO SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter N5DO SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 07:42:37 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: TX

  160:   13      0       4         0
   80:   56     27       4         5
   40:  157      8       7         5
   20:  181    338      10        11
   15:   50     60       7         7
Total:  457    441      32        28  Total Score = 337,200

I last operated in the RAC Winter Contest several years ago; it was like
discovering an old friend who you haven't seen in a long time!  Great fun.  For
awhile it seemed like the Ontario QSO Party and I ended up with 242 Ontario
contacts.  Late in the contest I moved the beam to the northwest and it became
the  BC QSO Party; I ended up with 58 BC QSOs.  The only down side was that I
had forgot how difficult it is to get an SSB contact with VE on 40M.  Multiple
stations(lots of needed multipliers)were booming in from 7050 to 7100, but I
only heard 6 of them working split.  I remembered late to move multipliers to
SSB on 40M and only was able to move two stations.  The storms to the north of
me made for lots of QRN on the low bands, but it was still a great time.  HNY.