[3830] ARRL 10 8P2K(8P6SH) SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dsthill@cbcbarbados.bb
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 8P2K(8P6SH) SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 07:58:17 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P2K

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Barbados

   CW:
  SSB: 1148    74
-------------------
Total: 1148    74  Total Score = 169,904

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Conditions were Good... Bad... and Terrible... all at once.

Congrats to W0SD who has an incredible score considering the conditions.

Equipment for this 'test included a FT1000mpMK5 with an ACOM 1000 amp. to a F12
C3E and a F12 C3SS. With this setup I worked just one EU and a couple EA8's and
a couple others from Africa. I did hear 9H6A's contact with one of the big SA
stations but wasn't able to get through what was probably a wall of SA, AF and
EU stations. He was probably like 5 by 3.

Had a pipeline into the SE USA - the 4th call area with signals threatening to
blow out my frontend. Never heard much out of the 7th call area except for WA.
Not sure if the stations weren't on or there was just no propagation to that
part of the USA.

SA also had tremendous signals into 8P most noticeably CV5D, PS2T, PJ2T and
ZX5J - they were really really loud even through the back of my beams!!!

Interestingly, I never heard P40K even though I was almost always looking for
mults on the second RX.

All together, this was about 12 hours of "real" operation, since the band
opened from about 1200hrs and closed by about 1800hrs each day, except for SA
which seemed to be open until about 0200Hrs.

Thanks to all the stations who came up and gave me the points and mults.

73, Dean - 8P2K / 8P6SH