[3830] ARRL 10 N6WG SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N6WG SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:54:03 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: Newark CA

   CW:  200    40
  SSB:   81    25
-------------------
Total:  281    65  Total Score = 73,112

This was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.  There was a lot of
 activity Friday evening after dark, up 'til 10PM local time.  Saturday
 morning got off to a slow start, but it got better as the morning wore  on.
 No significant after dark activity Saturday night, however.  Too bad.
 Sunday also got off to a slow start, but the band picked up nicely in
 late morning, and I worked a lot of ssb stations.  Then things thinned
 out in the afternoon, although I hung in there to the final bell.
 I really started out in a very laid-back way.  Took breaks as I felt   like
it, and didn't really get into the contest 'til well into Friday  night when
the band seemed to stay open after dark.  Probably could have  had an even
better score, but I'll take this one, thank you.  It's way
 better than any of my previous 10m contest scores.
 I was surprised to completely miss the Caribbean.  I did work 10 LU,
 5 PY, 5 XE, 2 CX, 1 HP, 1 ZL and 1 JA.  This was more DX than I had
 really expected under these conditions.
 The 10m contest has always been one of my favorites, as it's one where
 us "little pistols" have a fighting chance at a good score.
 Thanks to all for the Qs.
 73, Bob N6WG
 The Little Station with Attitude