[3830] ARRL 10 KR2Q SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KR2Q SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:16:01 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: NJ fn20ru

   CW:  227    48
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  227    48  Total Score = 43,584

Doug's clock says 20 hours, CT sez 9.8 hours.  That about sums it up.

Kudos to the qrp comment already made that qrp on 10 is more fun than qrp on
80....well, that's one positive perspective!

This was definitely a "gotta sit in the chair" type contest.

Highlights:  After calling N4GN several time and CQ TEST in return, I waited
seven (7) minutes just listening to him at S1.  Suddenly (maybe a plane flew
by) he popped up to S3.  A QRQ single call and equally fast exchange put a new
state in the log, just as he went back to S1 for the remainder.

Tried that with VA (which I never worked), but MYA never "popped" (neither did
the others).

Elecraft K2 qrp version and 2L home brew quad 55 feet.

See you in the Stew.

de Doug KR2Q