[3830] ARRL 160 LA6YEA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 LA6YEA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 00:15:08 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: LA6YEA
Operator(s): LA6YEA
Station: LA6YEA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Total:  QSOs = 42  Sections = 22  Countries = 2  Total Score = 1,848

Laid back operation, due to bad condx. A S/P contest. Spent some hours on to
give out some mults, but went to bed 0400 Saturday and 0500 Sunday local time.
In between listening I did some "Morserunner virtual contesting" hi hi....

Understand the noise level was a big problem in most of NA. I gave up calling
many stations, that I had a quite nice copy on: W7IZL, NQ0V, K9DX among many
others.....

Some came very well through though: NO2R, N6ZO, W4MYA, VA5DX, N0NI, CG3EJ,
K0TV, W3BGN, N4PN, AA4V, K1TTT.....GOOD EARS GUYS !!!

Heard a few EU stations in there, and UU7J. They were not to busy either, and I
heard most of takers they had. One exception GI0KOW wkd many I had no chance
copy here...Most signals came in on my south west beverage (skewed path), due
to the f.... active magnetic field that makes direct path useless. Condx came
on and off very quickly here, but only once my cq calls gave a small
run...Well, hoping for some better condx soon. S/P is fun, but a good run is
better !!

Setup here: IC-756PROIII, Commander HF-2500, Titanex V160S 27m vertical, 2 dual
wire beverage 1000ft covering NW/SE and SW/NE directions.

Cu in the next one, with my own call or LA3Z/LN3Z.
Paul - LA6YEA