[3830] ARRL 160 NK7U M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nk7u@nk7u.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NK7U M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 22:55:13 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NK7U
Operator(s): NK7U, KL2A
Station: NK7U

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OREGON

Total:  QSOs = 934  Sections = 77  Countries = 9  Total Score = 168,904

Club: SNAKE RIVER CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Very tough contest from the West coast as usual. Couldn't hear past the midwest
most to contest, looked like they were having some major storms back there.
Only a few short openings to the east coast, most of them on Friday night and
just a couple of quick openings to JA. Finally got two bi-directional beverages
up this fall and they really made a difference with all the noise. DX
Engineering and Tom, W8JI, are to be congratulated on their Reversible Beverage
System. Very easy to put up and worked very well. I have to admit that I was
very sceptical when I first saw these at Dayton a couple of years ago. Using
the 450 ohm twin lead works alot better than I thought it would. Thanks again
to all the ops who took their time to work us through all the noise. See you in
the next contest. 73 Joe NK7U