[3830] ARRL 160 N1UR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sawyered@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N1UR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 15:04:11 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VT

Total:  QSOs = 434  Sections = 54  Countries = 4  Total Score = 50,344

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was supposed to be a serious effort.  Instead, a number of things came up
during the weekend that prevented it.  The first 3 hours saw strong
thunderstorms approaching and then going right over head.  The first 2 hours
were really bas static crashes (even on the beverages) ans then I had to QRT
for an hour due to the storm.  The line voltages were fluctuating and I ended
up blowing the FT-990's power supply (oh well, off to the shop with that).
Also lost a box controller on my 15M stack match due to nearby lightning.

When I was on, I was surprised how little EU or DX in general was heard.  Also,
the West Coast seemed very hard to work from here.  A few nice hours of runs
though and it was fun while I was on.

73

Ed  N1UR