[3830] ARRL 160 W0GG M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8fc@k8fc.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W0GG M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 08:22:45 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0GG
Operator(s): W0GG K8FC K9BWI K7TD
Station: W0GG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CO

Total:  QSOs = 929  Sections = 77  Countries = 9  Total Score = 163,658

Club: Pikes Peak DX Group

Comments:

Well, considering past performances we could have done a bit better.  Band
conditions were poor on the first evening with only a couple of JA's in the
log.  We were only able to work 9 DX stations during the entire contest.  We
did work all 50 states and only missed PR, NL and NT for the sweep.  ( Can I
say sweep in this contest ?)

We had major antenna issues and extreme cold weather.  We were flying a brand
new blimp holding up a elevated radial quarter wave antenna.  The temperature
dipped to -16 below and we were having snow ( We are at 8000 feet) .  The
balloon was loosing helium by virtue of the cold wx and was accumulating snow
and sinking.  The wind was blowing all night and creating more problems.
Finally in the middle of the night the balloon burst and that was the end of
that antenna.

We will regroup and see you all in  January for the CQ 160 WW.

W0GG, K8FC,K9BWI and K7TD