[3830] CQWW CW PJ4A M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1to@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PJ4A M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 10:04:26 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ4A
Operator(s): K4BAI K1TO N4TO
Station: PJ4A

Class: M/S HP
QTH:

  160:  150    19       68
   80:  477    26       94
   40: 3090    35      135
   20: 1834    40      150
   15: 2555    35      128
   10:  334    24       73
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

K4BAI, K1TO and N4TO reunited for a M/S after operating together in Barbados as
8P9Z in 1999.  Noah, K2NG has assembled a fine station on Bonaire which
minimized the set-up time required from us.  The QTH is in the shadow of
cellular and paging towers on a hilltop.

Thanks also to multiple-time visitor Jeff, KU8E for his assistance in preparing
for the trip and to Geoff, W0CG/PJ2T for assistance in licensing over on
Curacao.  The group that operated PJ4E for CQWW SSB left the place in pristine
condition - thanks, guys.

Conditions exceeded our expectations, especially since we thought that the same
solar event that wiped out the bands on Sunday of CQWW SSB would come back 27
days later and wipe out Saturday for CQWW CW.  As a result, we had a lot of fun
on all of the bands, including a brief 10M opening to Europe.

KeyerS were about the biggest issue we had, as we had failures to 2 of them.
There were numerous other small issues, but who expects an expedition to go
perfectly anyway?!

We very much enjoyed the island's sights and cuisine and encourage you all to
visit.  Bonaire can be reached directly by jet from non-USA QTHs and is also a
popular cruise ship destination, as we found out during our frequent visits to
open-air City Restaurant on the waterfront.  We took an 8-seater Divi Divi
flight over from Curacao.  N4TO was particularly enamored with the
Harley-Davidson shop.

Thanks for all the Qs!

73, Dan, K1TO on behalf of John, K4BAI and Vic, N4TO

P.S.  The FCG will get 2/3 of the score and the SECC the other 1/3.