[3830] CQWW CW YU7W(YT7AW) SOSB(A)/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, reptil@ptt.yu
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW YU7W(YT7AW) SOSB(A)/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:01:25 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: YU7W
Operator(s): YT7AW
Station: YU7BPQ

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH: Beska

  160:
   80: 1618    30      111
------------------------------
Total: 1618    30      111  Total Score = 328,179

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Nice contest again. decided to go out of the city this time. It took few days
from my university, but it paid off.
went to the cottage on thursday, and the plans were to go SO 15, as in ssb, but
I decided to put up some beverages for the first time in my life.
I had a quite low Inv Vee (top at 8m or so, ending at about 3-4 meters high),
and since I had a nice pile-up of US and JA evening before the contest, I
decided to go SO80.
beverages worked great! what a difference! from no signal (pure noise +10 dB)
on inv vee, to a nice easy readable one on beverage.
had two of them, to NA and JA.
for the first time I have worked over 11 zones and over 60 dxcc on 80m :) the
only problem earlier was to hear them.
missed VQ9JC, 3B8/OM0C, AH2R. HS0ZDJ, VK6, 3G1X...probably I needed a better TX
antenna.
equipment used was:
first PC for packet 486/66MHz, and after few hour P4. for logging TOSHIBA
laptop (quite old one, P1 I guess)and the first night I keyed with my QRQ keyer
I use at HST championships couse my interface broke..., FT1000MPMKV, and finally
the brand new ACOM 2000A.

cu next time...

Goran, YT7AW, AD5YG (4N0W, YU7W, 4N7M, YT5C in the contests)