[3830] CQWW SSB FM/K9NW(@FM5BH) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9nw@qth.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB FM/K9NW(@FM5BH) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 05:07:16 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: FM/K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: FM5BH

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Martinique

  160:   13     3       11
   80:  272    18       60
   40:  805    27      104
   20: 1608    32      124
   15: 1972    31      116
   10:  574    19       46
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

A bunch of firsts in this one:
   - First visit to Martinique
   - First visit to St Lucia (port of embarkation to FM...)
   - First time with DSL to the shack computer from the DX side
   - First time to try SOAB Assisted category from DX side
   - First time to use WinTest logging program (FB!)

Another great weekend "workin' da boys" (and girls!)  Heavy local noise made
things really tough on 160.  Tried different things to work through it but it
was just not going to happen.  With CW you have the option of very narrow
filters.  I know from home experience that this station puts out a nice signal
on topband but I didn't want to be an alligator so I worked what I could and
retreated to higher frequencies.

All the other bands played great....lots of unsolicited "you're very loud"
reports - always a nice psychological boost!  Nice conditions from here for the
most part.

My thanks to Laurent FM5BH for accommodating me on relatively short notice and
providing top notch toys to make the noise.  Thanks also to Givan J69AC for
schlepping me around St Lucia during my time there.

As always, thanks to everyone for the QSOs!  Hope to see y'all from Zone 27 for
the CW bash.

73, Mike K9NW