[3830] NAQP SSB K4EJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K4EJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:32:08 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K4EJ
Operator(s): K4EJ
Station: K4EJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL (WCF)
Operating Time (hrs): 9.0

  160:    0     0
   80:   18    12
   40:   63    26
   20:   42    24
   15:   20    12
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  146    77  Total Score = 11,242

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: FCG 2: Ultra Part-Time Big Sun Loafers

Comments:

AP8A Multi-band vertical.  Goal was 100+ Q's and 10,000+ points, which I made
both ways ... always enjoy the NAQPs, especially the SSB because it gives a
extra minute to say "HI" to all your stateside buddies in a low-stress, laid
back, 100w, even playing field contest ... of course, if you have the aluminum,
you deserve to command the freq with a better signal and rates, but at least no
single station is taking up a 5kc hunk of the band.  Always have fun with this
one ... a bit humbling, yet challenging, to do it with almost "no" antenna,
after getting used to a "fair" station from the KA0GGI QTH back in St. Louis.
Operating barefoot vertical is still an interesting propagaton learning
experience ... would have liked to say hello to more of my FCG Family,
expecially on 75m, but activity from our Group was light with many choices for
a Saturday afternoon competing with playing radio ... The January NAQP events
always have a greater turn out.

Much room for improvement, so it can only get better from here.

Frank ( mr. t0ad ) K4EJ
PASCO COUNTY - WCF FLORIDA