[3830] IARU KQ2M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kq2m@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] IARU KQ2M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 18:18:37 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KQ2M
Operator(s): KQ2M
Station: KQ2M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CT

  160:    0      0      0
   80:    0      0      0
   40:   88     16     22
   20:  504     29     24
   15:  233     18     25
   10:   39      8      7
---------------------------
Total:  864     71     78  Total Score = 504,216

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I was VERY disappointed to be unable to travel to Brazil, and then have to
withdraw from WRTC participation due to continuing health problems.
Unfortunately, I was not physically able to repair any of my damaged antennas
before IARU, so a serious effort was not possible.

In the limited time that I had to operate, I tried to support the WRTC ops by
working as many as possible with the antennas that I had.  After 18z, I used DX
Cluster to try to work the remaining PT/PW stations that I needed on both modes
(which puts me in the Multi-One category).  Since I had to stop operating at
0945z, I wound up missing the last 5 I needed on SSB for a "sweep" on both
modes. Oh well....

Cndx were great and then awful, minutes apart, and full of LOTS of surprises.
I just love thsse low sunspot low geomagnetic activity cndx!  The low sunspots
showed on 15 as they constantly teased New England with the promise of an
opening to EU, but then would shut right back down.  OTOH, 10 had several LOUD
direct-path EU stations, but no volume.  IARU is always a lot of fun to
operate
because you never know what to expect with the summer-time cndx.

A special thanks to N2NT for keeping his promise to work a station for me
during the WRTC competition.

Watching the scoreboard was fun during the contest and brought back lots of
memories of operating and strategy decisions during past WRTC's.

Congrats to all the WRTC and non-WRTC participants and especially to all the
PY's for a memorable WRTC event!

73
Bob KQ2M