[3830] NAQP CW N6OO Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6oo@charter.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N6OO Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 08:55:00 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N6OO
Operator(s): N6OO
Station: N6OO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alta Loma, CA

   80:   34    15
   40:   68    29
   20:  106    39
   15:    1     1
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  210    85  Total Score = 17,850

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

This was my first good opportunity to use my new Call Sign, N6OO, in a contest
and to get it known out there in the contest community (formerly K1USC).  Got a
late start but settled in doing mostly search & pounce. I put in almost 9 hours
into this one.

20 & 40 were best, of course.  80 gave some multipliers here & there later in
the contest but at the end, it seemed I could only work other W6 or adjacent W7
stations. Every once in a while late in the contest, checking back on twenty
netted some fresh contacts, Hawaii & other Western states coming in loud.

My humble little station performed well.  Yaesu 857D at 100W, an LDG autotuner
to the G5RV inverted-V dipole up only about 26ft. Rig control cables connecting
the radio to the N3FJP software helped keep all the band switching accurate in
the log. It also worked great for sending some of the CW. That sure is a neat
feature once you have it all set up.

Thatâ??s it for now, N6OO is QRV and now a part of the contest crowd. 73 to
all.

De N6OO,

Tony