[3830] CQWW VHF K9GY SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, eric.p.hall@us.army.mil
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K9GY SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:45:47 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EN61 Illinois

    6:  324   135
    2:   33    20
-------------------
Total:  357   155  Total Score = 60,450

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

3L Cushcraft @ approx 40 ft (6m)
4L Arrow @ approx 46 ft (2m)
Rohn pushup mast in the backyard (attached to clothes pole, hah!)
FT-857D

Setup time was better this contest since I left some of the parts together from
the ARRL VHF contest. Only took about 2-1/2 hrs (15-1730z). Enough time to take
a shower before the start since it was super hot outside, yikes! This contest
was a test of the Yaesu repair to the 857D on 6m. Works great now! Yaesu got
the radio on June 23rd and I had it back at the house on July 5th...now that is
service! It had intermittent xmit before the repair (found out about it on C6A
trip).

Had great fun working all the grids! WOW! Many FK68 (Puerto Rico), Upper NE
Canada, Upper NW US/Cdn, Phoenix, southern TX, and southern FL. Excitement for
sure! Awesome!

For some reason the Heil setup with the 857D gave me only one ear...Umm, need
to fix that. Other than that Murphy stayed away, yahoo!

CQ CONTEST!

73, Eric
K9GY
EN61fr