[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3OSZ SOSB/160 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3osz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE3OSZ SOSB/160 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:09:45 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3OSZ
Operator(s): VE3OSZ
Station: VE3OSZ

Class: SOSB/160 LP
QTH: Ottawa
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  59     38
Total:  59     38  Total Score = 6,726

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

For most of the contest my inverted L was coated with ice and was significantly
de-tuned. The power was off for 5 hours just prior to the start of the contest
but fortunately came back on just in time.

QSB here was very significant. Signals would change from S9 to lost-in-the-noise
within half a minute. Timing of calls was very important. KL7RA popped out of
the noise briefly and was a welcome addition to the log.

DJ0MDR seemed to be on 1810 throughout the contest and was a very useful beacon
to indicate the state of propagation to Europe, at least for Mike's location. It
seemed that good propagation was moving around from one place to another in
Europe quite quickly.

Despite all of the problems my score improved a bit from last year but was still
not equal to my best in this contest.

TX: Drake TR7 100 watts
Antennas: inverted L (with icing) and one Beverage
TRLog