[3830] TBDC VE3OSZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3osz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE3OSZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 13:54:46 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE3OSZ
Operator(s): VE3OSZ
Station: VE3OSZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ottawa

Total:  QSOs = 270  Total Score = 2,030

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Total score includes the multiplier of 2 for low power.

This was my tenth Stew Perry and, as usual, it was an interesting challenge.
Conditions here were quite variable. It seemed as if the ionosphere was made
like a patchwork quilt with good and bad sections moving over my QTH ! Some
signals were surprisingly strong at times (e.g. K7RAT) and others were
surprisingly weak. Certainly, conditions were not up to the standard set in
1997.

I gave up and went for a sleep for a couple of hours during the night when I
seemed to run out of anybody to work. I hoped to benefit from a sunrise peak to
the west coast and the Pacific, but it didn't materialize.

Best DX was OM5ZW.

Thanks to the Boring people for their work in making this contest possible.

Station equipment:

Drake TR7, 100 watts
TX antenna: inverted L
RX antennas: one Beverage, one pennant.