[3830] RAC Winter VE3SY SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, paul@ve3sy.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE3SY SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 16:58:32 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE3SY
Operator(s): VE3SY
Station: VE3SY

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Petersburg, ON
Operating Time (hrs): 14.6

  160:    4      6       2         2
   80:    2    216       1        10
   40:    9    126       3        10
   20:    6    225       3        12
   15:    6     60       3         5
   10:    1      3       1         1
Total:   28    642      13        40  Total Score = 270,406

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Friday night got off to a slow start after my newly acquired Kenwood TL-922
decided to play games with its antenna relay leaving me with poor receive.  At
first I thought the 80m poor rx was due to the vertical - my dipole came down a
week ago - but it was the TR relay.  So I pulled the amp and spent the next
couple of hours removing burnishing and returning the relay.  Sure is a well
built amp however accessing the TR relay was not well thought out by the Kenwood
Engineers.  :-)   Great conditions for the test with timely E-W openings on 15.

And WOW!  What can we say about the fantastic turnout of VO1 stations.  I
counted 14 VO1 stations on 80 metres alone.  Also nice to hear activity from VY1
and VE8 land and even better when they called me.   Not sure how many RAC bonus
stations where on but there was a great turnout of bonus stations as well with
the VE6RAC group rallying a great Multi-Multi operation.

For the first time I took a crack at dusting off the old Brass stratight key and
made a few CW contacts on each band.

Good to hear other Contest Club Ontario stations.

Paul VE3SY