[3830] ARRL 10 KB9OWD SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ryantiff@charter.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KB9OWD SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:16:25 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KB9OWD
Operator(s): KB9OWD
Station: KB9OWD

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WI

   CW:   79    25
  SSB:  144    42
-------------------
Total:  223    67  Total Score = 40,468

As with many other, would have planned more time had I known how conditions
would be.  Had a weekend full of commitments and planned just to pop in and out
to see how the band was.  I had volunteered to put together our work Christmas
Party this year, so that took off of Friday night.

Popped in and out Saturday morning putting a few in the log.  Had plans of
another Christmas party at my part time job Saturday evening, so jumped on for a
few hours Saturday afternoon.  Set up on 28.504 to give a run a try at 22:16Z on
Saturday afternoon and was suprised to keep a good rate going, putting 67 in the
log in the next 55 minutes.  All stations were east coast, with the exception of
on Louisiana and one NE popping in in NH.  80 percent were into Virgina, where
everyone was popping in about 10 over 9.  Very disappointing to have to leave
the radio to prep for XMAS Party.

I slept in Sunday morning as I was developing a cold and ended up calling in
sick Sunday to work.  Didn't feel much better and slept most of the day.
Managed to put about 90 in the log on Sunday afternoon.  Band quickly faded for
me here about 22:00Z and I lost interest quick and shut er down.

Thanks to those that called in and those that pulled out my 100W into a G5RV up
40 feet.  Was happy to hear "nice signal" from alot of the CA ops during the
Sunday afternoon opening out that way.  Trust me guys, it was the band :).  73
to all.  Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.

73 DE KB9OWD