[3830] ARRL 160 N8VW(@K5ZG) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8vw@linuxcolumbus.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N8VW(@K5ZG) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 14:35:24 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N8VW
Operator(s): N8VW
Station: K5ZG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1219  Sections = 79  Countries = 25  Total Score = 267,592

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

My ears are still bleeding from this one.  Friday night was ok, had lots of
locals to work and the dx seemed down.  Saturday the band was better before the
sun set.  When the sun set it seemed like the QRN level jumped to amazing levels
and having only 1 receive antenna made my hearing anything difficult.  So I
pushed ahead and took an hour break at 0500z and a 3 hour break at 0830z.  Then
I just trolled the dx window and found the west coast calling someone.  So I
spent the next 20 minutes optimizing the rx until I was able to pull nl7z from
the mud.  Hearing that "tu" was music to my ears.

Arrived late at the wonderful K5ZG qth due to work/family stuff and didn't have
time to setup the on-line scoring program until Saturday.  Worked great.  Will
have something up for the SP soon.

73

Pat N8VW