[3830] ARRL 160 K8IR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8IR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 11:54:05 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8IR
Operator(s): K8IR
Station: K8IR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 19.25

Total:  QSOs = 578  Sections = 71  Countries = 4  Total Score = 87,600

Club: BAY AREA WIRELESS

Comments:

Had Friday off, so I laid out a few radials in the back yard under the
inverted L.  I usually struggle on 160 here, so had intended to run HP
again, but started with the amp off, and was pleasantly surprised that
even on LP, I felt loud. Conditions were exceptional, and I was shocked
to be able to hold a run frequency for three productive hours early
Saturday evening.  This one is always fun, and this year it was REALLY
fun.  Thanks for all the QSO's, and especially to those out west who somehow
dug me out.  Looks like the snow cover is here for good, so maybe I'll get
another spool of wire and lay a few more radials before the Stew.