[3830] CQWW CW W4ZW SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W4ZW SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 08:29:38 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W4ZW
Operator(s): W4ZW
Station: W4ZW

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Florida

  160:
   80:   41    12       34
   40:  139    29       72
   20:   77    24       61
   15:   98    20       65
   10:   18     9       11
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

FT-1000MP/FT-1000D/ACOM2000A/ALPHA 87A
3 El SteppIR/2 A4S's, Carolina Windom

Soapbox:  This is always fun because there are so many exotic Dxpeditions with
1st class CW ops!  Broke a seized bolt on the 402CD 40M boom to mast clamp and
couldn't get it up for the contest. Strung up a Carolina Windom at about 60' and
was absolutely amazed at how well it worked!  I can only run about 250W on 80
and 40 here because of RFI with the alarm system,etc.  but could easily work
anything I heard.  (Well, missed the VU2 on 40M, but he was in the noise level
here.) Heard several FCGers and worked K5KG at VK2GC on 40 and 20.

My usual P/T effort in between kids basketball games, etc.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW
Casey Key Island, FL
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"