[3830] CQWW CW ZL6QH M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brianmiller@paradise.net.nz
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ZL6QH M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 02:56:21 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZL6QH
Operator(s): ZL2BSJ ZL2IFB/G4IFB ZL1TM ZL1BYZ ZL2AGY ZL1AZE
Station: ZL6QH

Class: M/M HP
QTH: ZL

  160:    6     5        6
   80:  427    23       64
   40: 1861    33      110
   20: 1247    37      126
   15: 2440    34      105
   10:  491    23       37
------------------------------

Club: WARC

Comments:

Our claimed score of 11.4 million is well short of the 12.7 million that we
achieved in 2004, mainly due to patchy conditions on 10m. We only made 491 10m
QSOs this year, compared to 1671 QSOs in 2004. Most of the 10m QSOs were with
North America and Asia, but we did manage to work a few East European stations
during a brief opening on Sunday evening.

The low bands were plagued with local rain static and strong atmospheric QRN
(over S9 during darkness) which meant that only the stronger signals made it
into the log. The 160m signals were noticably weaker than previous years but we
still managed to work KH6ZM, K7GK, JA1ELY, UA9YAB, UW2M, and RO4M. We also heard
(but did not work) HC8N, RU1A and UU7J.

Most of the action was on 15m. One of the highlights was working some weak
European stations (including IR2NR and EA8EY) via a path over North America
during the middle of the day. We would normally only expect to work such
stations via the short path in our evening.

Details about the ZL6QH station and antennas can be found on the ZL6QH web site
at http://www.zl6qh.com. The web site also provides a facility for on-line
searching of the ZL6QH logs.

The operators have already identified their wish list for the 2006 contest -
including "more sunspots" and "new radios" with special buttons that make
tea/coffee and automatically find new QSOs and multipliers!

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs, the Wellington Amateur Radio Club for the ZL6QH
facilities, and the contest organisers for one of the best contests on the
calendar. We look forward to seeing everyone again in the 2006 event.

73

ZL6QH team (ZL2BSJ, ZL2IFB/G4IFB, ZL1TM, ZL1BYZ, ZL2AGY and ZL1AZE)