[3830] CQWW CW W7WHY SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7why@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W7WHY SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:39:32 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:    9     5        3
   40:   17    12       12
   20:  141    51       25
   15:   16     6        6
   10:    6     3        4
------------------------------

Boy, this was a struggle with low power and low antennas.  Tower with the 20 and
10 meter beams is stuck down about 20 feet due to a busted pulley which won't
let me crank it back up.  The 40 meter vertical seemed like a dummy load so had
to use the zepp on 40.  These 189 Q's were eked out over a period of about 15
hours.  Had to stand in line to work stations.  Could usually get them after
everyone else was finished.  Probably would have just quit as a lost cause, but
I was on one of Neigers Tigers teams so I just plugged along to try and get some
points.  Sure miss my amp and beams.  Still fun tho'.  73

Tom W7WHY

Radio 1    TS-450SAT + CAT 100 watts
Radio 2    FT-840 + CAT 100 watts

Antennas 135 foot zepp, 2 el 20, 40 meter vertical, 2 el 10, 15 dipole.

N1MM Logger software.