[3830] SS CW K8SM Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8sm@netpluscom.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8SM Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 05:39:44 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K8SM
Operator(s): K8SM
Station: K8SM

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark, Ohio

  160:    0
   10:    0

Haven't worked this contest in nearly 30 years, and my first attempt at a QRP
contest.  Wasn't out to set any big records.  Needed to knock the rust off my cw
and was looking for some fun.  Didn't get started until 0037z, started on 20,
band was flat, tried 80 and it wasn't so hot either, tried 40 and that it was
the best producer for the time.  Went QRT at 0401z to get some sleep, probably
wasn't the best choice but the eyes were heavy and seemed like condx were not in
favor of this little QRP station.  Got on 40 Sunday morning at 1139z and had
some good runs and worked many new sections.  Had to QRT at 1338z and got back
on at 1747z, 40 was still alive and gave me some more new sections.  Tried 20
again from 1828-1957z, worked some new west coast sections.  Flipped over to 15
until 2129z and landed even some more new sections.  Wish I would have had more
time, maybe next year.  I know now when to take my breaks.  Had fun, thanks to
everyone that hung in there with me and was so patient with the QRP signal from
Newark Ohio!

Rig: Yaesu FT890AT (power back to 5 watts @the meter)
Ants: Mosley CL-33 @40 ft and G5RV @25 ft
Software: N3FJP