[3830] SS CW KT0R SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt0r@msn.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW KT0R SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 21:14:31 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KT0R
Operator(s): KT0R
Station: KT0R

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0
   10:    0

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

What great fun. Started 1 1/2 hours after contest started. Saturday was my
youngest son 6 year old B-Day party.

My 1st qso was VY1JA, thanks J. Then KH6NF within the next 30 minutes.I should
have started on 20, but 15 sounded good. The W6 and W7 were very loud on 15.Went
to 20 for a bit, then off to 40. 40 was good. But most of the weekend seemed
like west coast was always better. I was always was hoping for the Ohio River
Valley opening but, never really happened. Early on Sunday way before sunset, 40
was hot to 8 and 2 land. 80 meters was kind of a disappointment. Not much east
coast, and even 0's were not that great. W6, and W7's again very loud on 80, but
I had worked so many already. As others have said seemed like less activity then
past years. Was always easy to find a run frequency. 80 I usually get pushed
around, never happened. But, never had that great of runs. Thank god for 2nd
radio on 40. I am just glad that there are so many Ca stations to work. Hi
Amazing on some of the qrp signals, you guys can put a darn good signal, and
don't have to send everything 2 times. Missed N.D. saw the spots on 20, the
pileups were huge and I knew I could not break them on back scatter. Never saw
them on 40 ands cq'ed on 80 hoping one might call me. With the strange spots I
was wondering if the ND spots were bogus. Never heard the station on the freq
spotted. Last few mults were VE4,WCF,KY,NNY,WTX,and NL.

Thanks to all that called in.
See you all in SS SSB.

Vry 73 Dave KT0R