[3830] CQWW SSB OM8A(@OM3RMM) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, OM3RM@NEXTRA.SK
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OM8A(@OM3RMM) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 08:35:25 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OM8A
Operator(s): OM2KW,2VL,OM3BH,3GI,3NA,3LA,3RG,3RM,OM7JG
Station: OM3RMM

Class: M/S HP
QTH: oKOC

  160:  264    10       65
   80:  584    26       98
   40: 1223    34      129
   20: 1577    37      149
   15: 1679   142       38
   10:  295    26       84
------------------------------

Club: SLOVAK CONTEST GROUP

Comments:

RIGs          5x FT1000 MP
              5 x micro KEYER
Amlifiers     3x OM2500 HF
              1x ACOM2000
              1x Home made
              1 x ALPHA 99
Antennas  160 m   42 m Vertical
           80 m   2 el. Yagi   50 m UP
           40 m   3 el. Yagi   24 m UP
           20 m  stack 2 x 6 el. OWA  + 5 el. YAGI
           15 m  stack  4 x 6 el. OWA  + 6 el. YAGI
           10 m    6 el. YAGI
Great conditions , great contest for the solar min . Contest didn?t begin best
we had lot of technical problems so all partipants had loads of work with the
preparation. 2 hours before the contest the GU74B Tubes in the ACOM2000
died...Mr. Murphy is present everywhere in every situation. I had to drive 100
km in record time to get new ones ? fortunately I didn?t meet any policemen.
We got everything ready just a few minutes before the contest. It begun in great
style ? with a pile up on 40m.
We were switching between 40 and 80 m during the night. In the morning there was
a very nice opening on 15m to JA. Here we had the opportunity to exploit all
benefits of our new stack 4 x 6el. OWA for 15 m.  This stack opened up a new
world for us. The JA pile up was very good especialy we were surprised by the
size of participation on JA stations. We made 604 JA QSOs in total from which
379 were on 21MHz. In addition, there was a short opening to JA on 28MHz on
Saturday morning. This is really great for the solar min.
The opening for Ws on Saturday wasn?t that great, 14 and 21MHz closed very
quickly but Sunday made up for it with a fantastic opening.
We used N1MM Logger for the first time in this contest. It is a user-friedly and
reliable software. We didn?t have a single drop-out of the network. All
together, we have very good experience with the software. The micro  KEYERs from
Micro HAM also worked reliably. Those are really handy tool.
The overall result look very optimistic which are the outcome of hunderds of
hours spent on the antennas, masts etc.
I would like to emphasize the great work of all team members, especially Rasto
OM3BH and Julo OM7JG.
This optimistic result is a motivation for our future plans. I am already
planning to extend the stacks for 14MHz for 3 x 6 el . OWA  + 2 x 3 el . for 7
MHz . So we will win also next year!
The Boys from OM7M, our strong competitors weren?t doing that well this time.
But I am sure that it will be a hard fight in CW part where they are very
strong.
So CU in CQ WW CW 2005 .
Tibi OM3RM on behalf of OM8A Team
P.s. Station details at www.om8a.org