[3830] CQWW SSB OT5G(@ON4MA) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on4ma@pandora.be
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OT5G(@ON4MA) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:35:13 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OT5G
Operator(s): ON4MA-ON5TN
Station: ON4MA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Belgium

  160:  309    12       59
   80:  304    17       76
   40:  363    25       97
   20: 1147    35       97
   15:  730    36      108
   10:   79    17       60
------------------------------

Back to contesting after several years no M/S activity at John's ON4UN place,I
started to build a modest station at my home.A lot work had to be
done.Putting a second tower and antennas ,filters,coax stubs and a switching
system for antennas for SO2R!I decided to do a M/S andthe last 14 days where
hard work to get everthing ready.It was friday evening 6 hours before the
contestwhen we where ready.Long days of 15 hours planning and building
everything you need in a M/S station.
My friend ON5TN KAREL who is new in contestingas was a very big help in
this.Thanks Karel you are always welcome at my home.Thanks also go's to MARK
ON4WW to help to setup the multiplier antenna.Also DOC ON4IZ and JOHN ON4UN to
support me and loan me some stuff I quickly needed.
The contest was more a test how things would work.Murphy was not present
the whole contest and Karel ON5TN did a wonderful job hunting mults and do some
running.You know KAREL from his expedition 6W/ON5TN.He is not a SSB guy ,loves
CW!He really enjoyed the weekend.Lowband was a bit difficult to listen between
the strong EU signals for him.I think for a tribander station the result is
good.We lost some concentration on sunday morning and I needed a quick nap but
forgot the run with the JA's and lost a opening with NA on 10M.Saturday
propagation was not like on Sunday.The first day not a decent run whas
possible,Sunday where whe had a big pile-up with NA on 15m and 20M with average
runs of4.2/min.That remembered me of the big runs at ON4UN station.Whe did not
get any problems with the filtering system.Whe have now put up a plan where we
can be better and what we need to have a bigger score.But that's like God told""
Rome is not build in one day" and whe want to have fun.I took a lot of picture's
and prior the contest whe had 3 days a very beautiful sunrise with a game of
lights which I do not remember having seen before in my life.Picture's can be
viewed at http://users.telenet.be/on4ma/OT5G.html

See you in the CW part !!

Marc ON4MA