[3830] CQWW SSB VE5RI M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve5fn@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE5RI M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:12:21 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE5RI
Operator(s): VE5FF VE5FN VE5WI VA6NJK VE6BBP VE6EZ VE6FN
Station: VE5RI

Class: M/M HP
QTH: SK

  160:  166     8       12
   80:  138    16       29
   40:   67    20       37
   20:  737    28      105
   15:  611    28       70
   10:   13     2        4
------------------------------

Weird condx.  At start could hear scads of stations but they couldnt hear us.
This continued for several hours then a switch got flipped and we could work
anything we could hear. 20 was a screaming shambles and it was almost impossible
to get a clear run freq.  15 was fun and held up nicely during daylight. 40, 80
and 160 were very productive after dark and produced some quite amazing DX for
latitude 53+.  We had a weak N-S opening on 10 on the second day and 20 was even
more crowded with EUs running wild from 14100 to 14350 until the last few hours
when we got the usual run into the USA.

As can be seen from our score, our group took several beer breaks when
enthusiasm waned.  We claim to contest for fun and fun is what we had.