[3830] CQWW SSB YZ1E(YU1EW) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, yu1ew@eunet.yu
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB YZ1E(YU1EW) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 02:41:50 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: YZ1E
Operator(s): YU1EW
Station: YU1EXY

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Belgrade

   40: 2239    38      142
------------------------------
Total: 2239    38      142  Total Score = 706,500

Club: YU Contest Club

Comments:

SSB weekend fun starts with worming screen by antivirus program that my computer
was infected with some Worm32 virus. It took me almost one hour to cure it, just
few minutes before contest began.
As everyone noticed, EU QRM on forty meters change the limits. Although my 4 el,
19m long boom full  size rotary yagi  is an excellent  performer, on receiving
side 80% of the time it can not compete with 4 bi-directional, 190 m long
beverages. Very useful  was second  antenna, 2 el delta loop fixed to NW so you
can switch two main direction NW / NE in a second.
Although I was usually able to break any pile up in first call it took a while
to realize that mpl stn is actually reply my call bcs  EU QRM.
As ham radio  population is getting older and older, I apply  that contest
committee  should consider  some operational time limit in single op category.