[3830] CQWW SSB N5AU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5au@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N5AU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:27:58 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N5AU
Operator(s): N5AU
Station: N5AU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Texas

  160:   10     4        8
   80:   43    13       24
   40:  154    26       71
   20:  309    32       97
   15:  392    30      104
   10:   80     6       23
------------------------------
Total:  988   111      327  Total Score = 1,197,930

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Finally got up some decent antennas on 40, 20 and 15.   They seemed to play
well.  The 7L 10 is still on the ground, but the 1/4 wave elevated GP on 10 gave
a good account of itself.   Didn't miss any that I could hear.  Was really
surprised how easily I could work stations with it.   Didn't hear any EU on 10
(seems to be a widespread problem this year outside the East Coast).   Don't
have any 80 / 160 receiving antennas yet, so not much happening there.  Do have
lots of line noise to work on, especially to JA.   It's 24/7 all bands, so no
CQ'ing in this contest, all S&P QSO's.   Didn't want to challenge N5RZ for the
gator title !

We could not make the VP2E trip for SSB due to hurricane Wilma's effects on the
Ft. Lauderdale, FL airport.   After seeing some of the 10 meter results from the
Caribbean, it was probably for the best.   We may be active for the CW WW if we
can stay long enough.   Leaving for VP2E this Thursday primarily to finish the
landscaping projects.