[3830] NCCC Sprint(8-19) K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dx35@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(8-19) K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:21:27 -0700
                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (8-19)

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

---------------------
Total:  34     Mults = 12  Total Score = 408

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rushed in from a client meeting and finally got in the chair a couple of minutes
before things started.  Worked K4BAI on 40m about a minute before 0230, and was
suprised 'cuz thought John wasn't going to make it tonight.  Thought sure he
would be my 1st QSO, but #1 was VA3NR.

Dunno why I stayed on 40m, but was thrilled to get a call from VE4XT and the MB
mult!  Nice to have you join us, Kelly, but sorry I QLF'd your call on the
keyboard ;-(

My SO2R n00b venue here definitely requires a repositioning of equipment, and
getting a few related problems solved.  I was hoping to get back up over 40 Q's
again tonight, but it didn't happen.

Very surprised to hear N2NL on the air already out here (one of our newest NCCC
members)...you were sure kicking-butt on 80m, Dave...Congrats!

With only 2 NS sessions left, I'm already starting to have withdrawls, but it is
so great to have all the new callsigns appearing this week.  On the NCCC net
tonight after the NS, our NS-Meister, Bill, N6ZFO, expressed his excitement over
the activity level.

Made several Q's tonight with NS 1st-Timer K5OT (TNX!!!)...you're attic dipole
was punching through fine out here, and TNX to N3BB for bringing you into the
fold, and being a staunch NS supporter.

Hmmmm...

NG7Z wrote:

> I spent more time fiddling with the logging program than actually operating.
> get so confused with the format of this contest that I throw my hands up and
> give up.

DON'T GIVE UP, OM !!!  You have a GREAT rhythmic CW call that I'd love to work
many times in the NS.  Many of us were confused and/or intimidated about the
basic Sprint format when we first started.  Which logging program are you using?
 Depending upon how you have it configued, that could be part of the battle.

Drop me an email and I'd be happy to try and help you stay-in-the-game with us
us any way I can!

73 & TNX to all for the NS Q's...

Rick, K6VVA