[3830] NAQP CW N5AW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5aw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N5AW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 08:06:20 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Radios: SO2R

  160:   39    22
   80:  109    35
   40:  138    39
   20:  110    41
   15:   54   118
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total:  453   152  Total Score = 71,121

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Burritos

Comments:

Didn't get home from the local annual ham convention (Summerfest) until about
2:30. XYL was in the middle of a major kitchen clean up and needed help
disassembling/reassembling refrigerator shelves. Didn't seem wise to ignore her
and disappear into the hamshack! Finally did manage to get on just after 4 PM.
Hit 10 and 15 to see if I could salvage a few mults but seemed already to be too
late. After 2 hours on the radio decided I better check on the XYL - she was
none too happy about my disappearance. Got myself a little out of the dog house
by going out and getting a pizza to save her having to cook dinner. Finally
sneak back up to the shack about 9:15 and finish the contest. Got in a total of
almost 6 hours operating time.

Was surprised at how good 80 was after all the static on the high bands in the
afternoon. Even 160 was not too bad with several 1's and 6's in the log. Had an
intermittent problem with my 40 meter rotary dipole (high SWR) but fortunately
my Butternut vertical was working OK.

One surprise was having CU2JT call me on two bands, This is a fun contest -
maybe some day I'll be able to make a serious effort.

Marv, N5AW