[3830] NCCC Sprint(7-29) K7NV LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7nv@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(7-29) K7NV LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:12:56 -0700
                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (7-29)

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: K7NV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Duh!
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

   40:  20        ?
   20:  22        ?
---------------------
Total:  42     Mults = 13  Total Score = 546

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I'm still learning how to contest....

This is a great way to dunce around and try to figure it out!

I still think I don't land many cq'ing fish in my boat when I call, but even
N6RO reports to have the problem.

I had way more gnarly pileups calling me tonite than in any previous NS, maybe
being the only NV mult, that will never work NV in the NS, is the reason. Guess
that made some of you feel like me when I tried to call you ;-)Sorry guys...I
did my best to grab the first intelligible partials out of the huge signals
(30-40 over S9).... in one ear....still trying to learn how to do this ;-)

Condx were better this week for me, eventhough I had heavy rain from local
thunderstorms 1/2 hour b4 the NS, and huge static crashes during the magic 1/2
hour (storm cells 10-20 miles east of me, I could hear the thunder getting into
my cans). Apologies to those of you that had to give me fills!

Still great fun for a Thursday evening. Many thanks to you guys that put brand
new calls in my NS log this week! It's great to see more of our good friends in
there having fun with this little experiment. Thanks also to the (now) many
regulars for making this so much fun every week!

Next week the NS is on haitus while we focus on Thursday & Friday night NAQP CW
practices. Notices to the CQ-Contest reflector will provide the details. This
should be some real fun as we all will be forced to cover the bands to get those
band mults and new q's (dupes won't be ok like in the NS). This might be the
preferred approach for next summers fun fest.

CU next week!

73, Kurt, NCCC VP/CC

P.S. Kudos go to N6ZFO & N6RO for doing all the hard work to organize and
publicize the NCCC Thursday night contest practice sessions. I'm just the guy
someone put in charge of NCCC "Contest Cheerleading" for this year. So, my job
is to root you all on. Get in there and have some fun with your contesting
friends!