[3830] FlQP VA3DX SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3dx@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] FlQP VA3DX SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 05:07:37 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: VA3DX
Operator(s): VA3DX
Station: VA3DX

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: ONTARIO
Operating Time (hrs): 16.2

   40:   61     0
   20:  230     0
   15:    2     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  293     0  CW Mults = 66  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 77,352

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I managed to miss NF4A/Okaloosa early Saturday afternoon....My number
one daughter called to tell me that I was going to be a Grampa for the
second time. Altho I did make some qsos while on the phone ( for 1 hour ),
NF4A/OKA eluded me... this haunted me throughout the contest !!!
And as it turns out, Okaloosa was the only county I missed...

The battle with W4OV in IDR and then DADE was a lot of fun for nr's 64 and 65 !!
At that time I was preparing dinner upstairs in the kitchen and had
the radio on his freq with the gain cranked up so I could hear him.
( I am a home caregiver for my elderly Mom- so its not like I can skip
dinner, lunch or breakfast for her ). At any rate when he started both
IDR and DADE I made a mad dash downstairs to join the pileup while
the pots were rocking on the stove.

Only managed 2 qsos on 15 mtrs this year and 40 mtrs was extremely noisy
with QRN this year... The mobiles did a terrific job ., altho the non
mobile participation was lacking.  Cant understand how Miami ( DADE ),
would be the last county and a mobile had to activate it !!!

My mobile qso count was as  follows;