[3830] EU Sprint SSB M0BBB(@G6UW) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, stavros.tsiakkouris@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] EU Sprint SSB M0BBB(@G6UW) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 10:18:45 -0700
                    EU Spring Sprint, SSB

Call: M0BBB
Operator(s): M0BBB
Station: G6UW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Cambridge, UK

---------------------
Total:  200   Total Score = 200

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Once again, I had a great time during the EU Sprint. One of the highlights of
this contest is the high number of young contesters that participate. It was
also nice to see most of the regulars active.

Despite using a beam and HP on 20m I found this band very awkward and had
difficulties getting people to respond to my CQs. This resulted in a slow first
hour and I decided to move to 40m much earlier than normal (1615 UTC).
Conditions on 40m were much better and increased local activity added some quick
QSOs. With 90 QSOs on 40m I set a personal best for this band but this just goes
to show how bad 20m was from here. Towards the end of the second hour and as
most of the stations moved to 40m I had a quick stint on 20m that paid off as I
was able to work quite a few stations with minimal effort this time around.

All in all a very enjoyable contest. Congratulations to Tonno, ES5TV, for
passing the 300 mark and for the great score.

73, Stavros M0BBB